Working with Silverlight sometimes happen a refactoring in which you change or modify part of the namespace inside Silverlight application.
After a detailed substitution of all the occurrence inside the project, all builds and everything seems ok. But really it isn’t.
When you start debugging, or simply launch your application, Silverlight page seems loading for a while, until a message like the following appear:
In that case the indication are really poor, and the message seems indicating a problem in the manifest file, that in my specific situation was almost empty.
The search on internet makes me verify a lot of things, and I was not able to resolve my issue.
So I decided to check again for incongruence or something strange in my settings, and finally… I got it!
The problem is here:
The compiler does not warn me about the startup project based on the old namespace, and the problems is raised only when silverlight engine try to use the application!
Sometimes a great tool like Visual Studio 2010, that I’ve used in this situation, seems still not completed. But it remains, in my humble opinion, the best development IDE of ever.